About Red Pocket
Red Pocket is an affordable prepaid carrier offering plans with coverage on the Verizon, AT&T, Sprint, and T-Mobile networks. Their affordability does come with a few compromises though, depending on which phone you have and which network you choose for coverage.
Red Pocket offers a $5 discount for enable auto-refill for many of their plans. If you like the service, I recommend it!
Red Pocket Coverage
Red Pocket uses the Verizon, AT&T, Sprint, and T-Mobile networks for coverage. You choose which network you use when you sign up for your plan. Here’s the breakdown:
- GSMA - AT&T network
- GSMT - T-Mobile network
- CDMA - Verizon network
- CDMAS - Sprint network
Stateside International Calling
All Red Pocket plans include free international calls from the U.S. to over 70 countries.
Red Pocket offers two stand-alone Global Internet plans with coverage in international countries. There are two options:
- Explorer: $9/30 days, 1GB LTE, 50 supported countries
- Jetsetter: $15/30 days, 1GB LTE, 150 supported countries
You can find more information on Red Pocket’s Global Internet Plans here. You can also check out their FAQ page.
Red Pocket adds standard taxes & regulatory fees to the cost of their plans.
Red Pocket Features
Each network on Red Pocket has slightly different features.
- Visual voicemail supported only for Android devices. You must email firstname.lastname@example.org and request the feature be added to your plan
- VoLTE not supported
- Hotspot supported with Android devices (not iPhones)
- Visual Voicemail not supported
- VoLTE supported on Android devices
- Hotspot supported on iPhone and Android devices
- Visual voicemail is supported on iPhones and Android phones. Email email@example.com to request the feature be added to your account
- VoLTE supported on iPhones and Android phones
- Hotspot supported on iPhones (not Androids). Contact support to get this feature enabled
- Visual voicemail is supported on iPhone and Android devices and enabled by default
- VoLTE supported on Samsung Galaxy S8/S8+, LG V30+, iPhone 8, 8+, X, Xs, Xs Max and Xr, and Apple Watch
- Hotspot supported on both iPhone and Android devices
Red Pocket Customer Service
Here is Red Pocket’s customer service contact information for questions and support:
- Phone: 1 (712) 775-8777
- Email: not supported
- Facebook: @redpocketmobile
Red Pocket customer service hours:
- Every Day, 5:00 AM - 90:00 PM PDT
- Facebook indicates Red Pocket typically replies within a day.