How to Activate Apple Watch on Visible
Visible is an unlimited data plan through Verizon. It’s usually $40 per month, but you can get the “Party Pay” discount which brings it down to $25 per month. For an additional $5, Visible offers unlimited data for your Apple Watch.
What’s so cool about a cellular data plan for your Apple Watch? It allows your watch and the apps on your watch (for example, music streaming or weather) to use data when you’re not connected to your phone. You can also make calls from your watch while disconnected from your phone as well.
It’s super easy to set up, and we lay everything out step-by-step right here. All you need is an active line on Visible and the Apple Watch app installed on your phone.
Visible Apple Watch Activation Guide
To activate your Apple Watch with Visible:
- Open up the Watch app
- Go to the “Cellular” tab and hit “Set up Cellular.” This will open your Visible app
- Sign in to your Visible account
- Once signed in, Visible will provide you with details for the watch plan. $5 a month gets you unlimited, text, minutes, and data on your watch. It will share the same number as your phone
- If prompted to turn on wi-fi calling, enter the required address information and hit continue
- Confirm you want to add the Apple Watch plan to your Visible account. It will also have you confirm the payment method
- Keep your watch close to your phone while Visible adds it to your plan, which could take a minute or two
If you run into any issues during the last step of the process, simply tap “cancel” and try to walk through the steps again. We found from our video that the Watch was actually activated, but the Visible app stalled out. Tapping “cancel” and starting the process again caused the app to recognize that the watch was indeed already activated.
You can check to see if your watch is activated by going to Settings > Cellular. Here you’ll see your Visible plan once it is activated.
Make a Test Call
Once everything is set up, it’s a good idea to run a test to make sure the watch is connected to data.
- Go to your phone settings and turn off Bluetooth
- On the watch, turn off Wi-Fi
- On the watch again, go to “Cellular” and it should be connected to Visible
- Go to the keypad and dial the number you want to call
You’re good to go!